Tuesday, December 31, 2013

i made this: lifestyle crafts

 


Today is my last post of 2013! To finish this year I’m gonna show you a little project using my evolution and genius platform from Lifestyle Crafts.


  I made this


First of all I used a calendar cuties from I Love It All.


  2


Now I don’t know about you, but I just cant seem to cut straight! If I am using scissors or a paper cutter, I get a straight line with curves. That’s why using a die is way better! Your cut will come out perfect every time.


 3


I printed my calendar cutie on 8.5 x 11 cardstock. I then cut it down to 6 inches wide so it can run through the evolution.


  4


Taking the second largest die from the Pocket Scrap Starter Dies I placed the ridged edge facing down and used a little washi tape to hold it in place. Make sure your ridged edge is not facing the platform {other wise you will cut your platform and dull your die} Place the cutting mat on top of the platform {your paper and die will be the meat and cheese of this sandwich} and run everything through your machine.


 


 6


Pull everything out of the machine. Since I used washi tape to hold the die in place, your “die cut” will still be attached to the larger piece of paper. Carefully remove the washi and now you have a perfect cut!


  5
 


You can now use your perfect cut to slip right into your Project Life or any pocket scraping you might be doing. But don’t limit these dies to pocket scrapping; this is also a perfect cut for scraping a traditional layout too!


DSC_0641


7



1 comment:

  1. What a perfectly awesome idea...can I link this to my next Calendar Cutie post to share with others that cut straight lines with curves? You're too, too cute and I love it!
    Thanks for sharing my download with your lovely readers, Aimee!

    ReplyDelete