Sunday, December 15, 2013

hello december: days 1-8

In the past I have tried doing a December daily and never have been 100% successful. So this year I am trying a new approach. Instead of December Daily I am calling it Hello December. I have a really hard time documenting each day, so I am using a couple different prompts for not so daily photos/journaling. I don’t want to be forced to document everyday, just fun moments and a few things in between. I am using a Studio Calico Handbook with a mixture of pocket page protectors.


 


(I will try my best to name all product and provide links to most.


Most is from my personal stash.


Please feel free to email me nay questions at: amadd78 {at} gmail {dot} com)


  1


2


 PLS


Recollections Michaels


 


The first page in my book I printed out December photo a day from Fat Mum Slim on vellum. I am not dedicated to these prompts they are just here for filler incase I need something exciting.


  3


Title page: I used a 4 up 3x4 page protector. I filled the pockets with a mixture of different journaling cards and embellishments I had! **I didn’t buy anything particular for this album, everything I had on hand including the album** I spray painted wood A & K for Aimee & Kevin. I don’t have anything in the backside of the pockets but plan to add PLS December 1-25 Journaling Cards.


  4


Chic Tags


Chic Tags


Glitz Designs


PLS


PLS


PandaEIGHT


deer punch


 


2nd page: I added this years Christmas card to a piece of cardstock with a sticker and sewed the sticker to the cardstock so you could flip the card up to reveal the photos on the back of the card.


  5


 6


Crate


American Crafts


Tiny Prints


PLS


 


Day 1: For a kick start I used the photo prompt, I also used the cover of a J.Crew catalog I had received in the mail as my base not worrying about what the back side would look like {I like using holiday junk mail in my album it helps remember what trends were hot}


  7


PLS


PLS


Day 2: using the photo prompt again I filled a 4up 3x4 page protector, again not worrying about filling the backside.


  8


Glitz Designs


Crate


My Minds Eye


Freckled Fawn


Game Pieces from Stash


 


Day 3: using the photo prompt again I printed my photo on to vellum.


  9


Tim Holtz


PLS


American Crafts Washi From Target


Day 4: by this point I got busy and feel behind. So when I played catch up I used a 6x8 digital template from Ali Edwards. I filled the template of photos from around the house. I also used a 6x8 page protector.


  10


PLS


UMWOWSTUDIOS


Day 5: Slipped into the backside of day 4. The cover of a crate & barrel catalog, I attached a vellum cut I made with my Silhouette Cameo.


  11


 


Day 6: Using a 4up 3x4 page protector I filled it with photos leaving one empty to fill with a 3x4 transparency from Chic Tags and some umwowstudios chipboard snowflakes. The backside I used some PLS December 1-25 Journaling Cards. I journaled what we did on those days. {not really day 6}


 


12


13

 


Day 7: really isn’t day 7… like I mentioned I have let go of trying to document what we did each day, and just documenting it! So this page I used another Ali Edwards 6x8 Template to print my photo and slipped it into a page protector. I slipped day 6 into the backside of this page protector. Again I used an Ali Edwards template to print my photo.


14


15


PLS


EK Sucess Snow Flake Punch


October Afternoon


Crate Paper


UMWOWSTUDIOS


merry christmas embellishment from Michaels


 


Day 8: I made ahead of time {while making days 2 & 3} I used a prompt and printed an email out onto vellum. I didn’t think I would have anything for this day but I ended up having a lot. So I used another Ali Edwards’s template to print out what we did on Sunday, which was going to the beach and motorcycle show. Using a page protector I slipped the photo in and the backside I used a piece of an anthropologie catalog {which was the email I had previously printed}.


16


PLS


PLS


Freckled Fawn


American Crafts From Target Paper Clip


Chic Tags


Chic Tags


Geo Tag My Minds Eye


 



16


18



1 comment:

  1. Love what you have done so far! The tree printed on vellum is gorgeous! I too struggle with this but I am trying :)

    ReplyDelete