Monday, March 11, 2013

quick n easy: easter banner



 


I made this easy banner over the weekend, while I was under
the weather.


I had so much creative energy, yet I had no energy. So I made this
simple banner and soon felt better, well better that I created, not better as in
well.


 
DSC_0589


I purchased this Easter soiree kit for 1.99 at the Silhouette online store.


I
ungrouped everything so I just had the EASTER letters, moved them onto the
12x12 cutting area and added some circles for “holes” to sting the letters.



Screen Shot 2013-03-09 at 1.10.07 PM


I
cut the letters twice, once on white cardstock and again on American Crafts POW
glitter paper in blush, I used the same setting for both cuts {the photos don’t do the POW justice!}



IMG_1965



IMG_1964


I
glued the cardstock and POW letters together {just to give them a bit of
substance} with glossy accents. I strung them up on a piece of twine, and viola
an Easter banner in 20 minuets!


 



DSC_0576



DSC_0588


 


I
hung the banner on a mirror in my entry hall, and the banner gave the hallway
just the bit of spring cheer that was needed.  It felt good to create, this simple banner.


 


Please excuse the crappy photos, it was overcast, and I too was feeling under
the weather!


 



1 comment:

  1. You crack me up with the comment on my blog. Yeah I need to get a life! And scrap more than Emma!
    I am feeling like you. Want to make something but not feeling good a zip in energy!
    Awesome banner!!! Easy and beautiful!! Love!

    ReplyDelete