Saturday, March 9, 2013

capture life: part 1



In 2009 {I still had my store} I attempted December Daily.
In 2010 I attempted “a week in the life”. In 2010 & 2011 I attempted one little word.
In 2012 I attempted Project Life. I also attempted photo a day, and instafriday. Fail!


 


By April 2012 I had given up Project Life, and I found I
didn’t always take a photo a day! But instafriday was fun. I shared my instagramed
photos on my blog each Friday! I actually looked forward to this. Not Friday,
the sharing part. It encouraged me to take photos during the week just so I
could share them on Friday.


 


At first I was just grouping photos from the week together
on my blog.


Then I found a template from persnickety prints that you can
use in adobe elements print your instagrams on a 12x12 sheet. I started using
this template on my blog; I liked how it made my instagrams uniform. Sometimes
I even played with brushes and layers.


 


Now I was not got at the photo a day, but I might take 3
photos on 1 day, 4 on another and then so on. I decided my photo a day project
and my instafriday project need to become one. And in my crazy little mind, if
I shared 9 photos from the week that made up for not having a photo each day!


 


I soon had these templates printed. I was planning on adding
a 12x12 to each week in Project life. And then I realized, I couldn’t keep up
with project life. Not because it was hard, but because I wanted it to look
like all the ones I saw online.


 


Enter Capture life. My new name and attempt at Project Life.
I was enjoying instafriday so much, I thought why struggle at a project you
don’t like {but love the concept} and make it your own!


 


Now I didn’t instafriday EVERYweek, cause I was on the road
and didn’t always have Internet access. I knew I could always go back and make
those weeks.


 


Around August last year I got caught up and gad all weeks
printed. I was able to slip them right into a 12x12 page protector, and viola I
had an album.


 


I showed this album to Kevin, he was in awe. Now he knew I
was doing all the above projects {how could he not, I was always saying “save
that for PL” “no don’t throw that away I need it for PL”}.


 



4744123581_00049212ea_m



4744124995_0de21cd8d8_m



4744123171_7998875b9b_m
2009 December Daily, 1st attempt







Dd1



Dd2



Dd3


 


Dd4
2011 December Daily, 3rd attempt actually finished!


 



Pl 1



Pl2



Pl3



Pl4
2012 attempt at Project Life/Capture Life 365


 



Screen Shot 2012-03-31 at 12.11.55 PM


screen shot of shutter cal, a photo service/app I was using



Jan 2012 ptod


Ali Edwards Template


I had planned on making this each month to slip im Project Life


 


Part 2 coming soon, my pages from 2012


 



1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see the rest, Aimee! Your did awesome with the traditional PL!

    ReplyDelete