Monday, December 31, 2012

what christmas looked like here:

 


I have to confess. I am not a huge fan of Christmas.


When I was about 16 I realized there was just way too much
fuss!


Yes I am Bah Humbug


 In my early 20’s I
was a nanny.


Having Jacob around my house I got into the Christmas spirit.


He
loved the lights. So more lights I put up.


Once again with no kids around the
house, the magic is gone.


I even hate wrapping presents. But I do love to wrap
gift cards and such.


 





DSC_0760


yes we have a BRIGHT PINK tree


{would you expect anything else from me?}



DSC_0766



DSC_0772



DSC_0771



DSC_0769



DSC_0767  


{I'm kinda obsessed with these old vintage light ups}


 


 


This year we Kevin and I gave mostly gift cards, and we made
fudge for the peeps at Starbucks.


I had a lot of fun packaging these things.
Hey its what I do best!



DSC_0726



DSC_0735




DSC_0736



DSC_0734


I started off with a shipping tag. I stamped a Christmas
sentiment on the stamp {not shown}. I then took a glue dot and attached the
gift card to the tag. With a piece of scrap music sheet, I wrapped the tag
& gift card. I then glued some greens {cut with my cameo} and sequins,
added a sticker and then tied with some twine. I slipped the tag into a mini chevron
treat bag.


 


 


 



DSC_0724



DSC_0729


 I then slipped the chevron bag into a glassine bag. I topped
it off with a raffle ticket that I had sewn a punched snowflake onto, and stuck
a fabric sticker on top.


 


 



DSC_0719



DSC_0714



DSC_0718



DSC_0713



DSC_0715



DSC_0739



DSC_0727



DSC_0722


For the main package I took a brown paper bag {you know old
school lunch bags} cut of the bottom fold it over and stitched a red zigzag.
After I filled the bag with the contents {gift card} I folded the top over and
sealed with washi. I folded the doily in half, and glued down. I cut the large
snowflake and reindeer with my cameo. I stitched mini market {October
Afternoon} to the deer. Glued the deer down, glued the snowflake down. The other
snowflakes are punches that I have. I punched and then sprinkled the sequins,
and viola.


 


 


 



DSC_0742



DSC_0747



DSC_0755



DSC_0755



DSC_0758



DSC_0759


For the fudge and peppermint bark, I simple took the same
snowflakes, and raffle tags I had made. I folded over the top of the glassine
bags and stapled it altogether with my tiny attacher


 


 


 


 


 


 







No comments:

Post a Comment