Monday, July 1, 2013

simple scrapper: july's sketches

 

Simple Scrapper is no longer having blog hops. But I still
want to share my work, so I will still be posting the first Tuesday of the
month!


 and to see more inspiration visit team mate Sara's blog


I really really love Jennifer’s Sketches! I know I say that
every month, but I really do. I am so thankful to be on this team. Getting
these sketches each month has really improved my scrapping skills!


 


I was running behind in June with all the crazy things that goes
on in my life. I only got to scrap 2 sketches. I normally scarp 3 layouts a
month for Simple Scrapper, so I am feeling like an underachiever right now!


 


For my first layout, I wanted to use this paper so bad but
it is sooo busy! I took this photo of me feet {go figure I took a photo of my
feet!} on a new throw rug I picked up at target for $4.99. Well I am sure glad
I snapped this photo when I did, cause the rug got washed and faded terribly!
Anyways color makes me happy and this paper makes me happy and blue toes make
me happy- I think you get it. So glad I got this all documented. When we turn
in our work at Simple Scrapper we always leave a tip for the members. I am
gonna share my tip here today, cause I know a lot of you shy away from such a
busy paper!


 



Maddern-july13-single1


TIP: when using a very busy background paper, scrap a simple
photo that won’t compete with the paper.


 


 


For the 2nd sketch I used the digital version and
I printed it out on cardstock. My printer was low on ink so I am having it
printed from Persnickety Prints.


I hope I like how it’s printed {really hoping it comes on a
cardstock like their instagram photos}


 



Jager in chair


{photo is grainy because it was taken in low light & is an instagram}


Anyways if I like how the print it, I am gonna make a bunch
more have them printed and add to my summer stories album!


 


Wouldn’t this template be super awesome for a December
Daily
! It’s so simple to drop the photo in the template and journal. Then embellish
with physical product later!


 


Wow I really had a lot to say today! Thanks for going
through all my ramblings! lol



No comments:

Post a Comment