Monday, November 19, 2012

simple scrapper: holiday mini kit

 


 



IMG_4682



 


It never seems to amaze be how busy the holidays are.


 


So why would this year be any different?


I got asked to work with Simple Scrappers new simple holiday
kit
.


Simple Scrapper just introduced “simple mini books”


 


 


I was thrilled to receive my kit in the mail and couldn’t
wait to play with it.


But wait I designed a December daily for Paper Issues.  


Isn’t this a conflict of interest?


What to do what to do.


 


I decided I would use the Simple Scrapper kit to make a mini
of “photos with Santa” book.


 


And use the Paper Issues kit for my DD.


 


One thing I like about this project is that it will be a
work in progress. Trying to find 34 years of Christmas photos will be hard.
Lets just say my mom didn’t go out of her way to make this process easy for me.


 


 


Here are some photos of what I have made. These particular
photos {of Santa} were in an arms reach. I will need to dig for more photos and I will to
that from time to time. And one day I will have an album of my Christmas!


 


 



Maddern cover 2



Maddern cover 1


Maddern cover 3


cover:


The SS holiday kit is a 6x6 . I started with my cover. I
taped 4 pieces of washi to start my foundation {I love layers}. I then adhered
a doily and a tag that was included in the kit for a few added layers. I cut
some snowflakes and the title with my silhouette cameo. I printed through the years
on some Kraft paper folded the edges over, and then stitched right down the
center. To help keep the 3d effect I add foam squares behind the banner. I used
the asterisk from the thicker packages to represent more snowflakes. A few
green sequins were added for the final touch


 



Maddern 1998 angle 2



Maddern 1998 angle


Maddern 1998


1998:


I love this gold polka dot vellum paper. {I must add this
paper to my stash} I wanted to keep it simple on the vellum. I stitched around
the edge just to give the page a little definition. I then grabbed a doily and
use it to mat my photo. A few gold sequins make the perfect accent. And
something I will repeat on every page {if I can remember the details} will be
he year and the typical who. What where when why details.


 



Maddern 2001


2001:


Next photo I scrapped was taken at the mall with Jacob Angie
and one of her friends.


Keeping this simple, I used the strip of glitter tape and washi
tape as my foundation. A piece of a tag and a few other goodies. And don’t forget
my favorite thing-red stitching!


 



Maddern 2009 angle



Maddern 2009


2009:


This time I used a tag for my foundation. The rest is from
my stash. A piece of a doily, a corner of a tag {from the kit}. A piece of
music sheet paper. Really this was all scraps. The tiny text stickers {from the
kit} add so much in such a simple way. Some red stitching as my signature
touch. Keeping this simple!


 



Maddern 2011 angle


Maddern 2011


2011:


I grabbed some more scraps from my stash that went with the
kit for the foundation on this page.I happened to have some of that wonderful
white wood grain cardstock scraps saved. {Paper Issues will have this in stock
soon!} I used the Elle’s studio numbers {from the kit} for the year. I just placed the 11 over
the 20 and stitched. And don’t forget red stitching


 


 


 


I just found 4 more pictures. When I get those scrapped I
will give you another update on this album! I am hoping to have 16 pages done
by the end of the holidays



1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous idea! I started a Halloween mini this year documenting my girls' costumes over the years. Your Santa book seems like a nice compliment to it! Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete