Saturday, March 3, 2012

go green, no embellishments:

I am trying to get back in the swing of things. We all have heard the expression “when it rains it pours”. Well it’s pouring here at the moment. I am marking the days off on my calendar. The pouring should come to a sprinkle in 11 days. Keep your fingers crossed.


I made 2 Layouts for 2 different assignments.  I was trying to be clever and combine the to assignments to make just one LO. You be the judge.


Here are the 2 assignments



  1. Make a layout without any embellishments. Me: yay right how do I do that?

  2. Go green or go home


 


 


 


Love you more everyday:


for the Go Green theme, I was recycling. Using scraps & old packaging, clever huh? And for the no embellishment part, well it is all paper!


Ok I used a stamp, and some paint, throw in the stitching and I guess I failed, BUT isn’t it cute!


 


 


 


DSC_0201


 


Sketch: Simple Scrapper Premium Membership/Jan 2011


Cardstock: American Crafts


Paper: MME Lost & Found 2-memories, October Afternoon-Sarsaparilla-High Noon,


Letters: American Crafts Thickers Ali, October Afternoon-gray & cream-kraft & black


Paint: Tattered Angeles glimmer glaze oil slick


Stamp: American Crafts Dear Lizzy


Misc: chipboard, index card, Avery shipping tag, doily, Starbucks cup sleeve, music paper, Becky Higgins PL grid journal card, Studio Calico Packaging


Machine stitching


 


 


 


 


 


You Are My SunShine:


I only used paint and stitching. No store bought embellishments.


Good huh? And for Go Green, the rainbow takes you to the pot of gold right????


 


 


 


IMG_0955


 


Sketch: Simple Scrapper Premium Membership/June 2011


Paper:


American Crafts Cardstock


My Minds Eye, 12 Days of Christmas


Sassafras, Monstrosity, Spot On


Studio Calico, Alphabet Soup


October Afternoon, Sasparilla, Stagecoach


American Crafts, Amy Tangerine, Here & There


My Minds Eye, Lost & Found 2, Memories


Echo Park, Country Drive, Bee’s Knees


Crate Paper, SCCP Collection Teal Song


 




 


So do you think I past? Did I do what the assignments asked for?



8 comments:

  1. I think these are great and I just love your one for Paper Issues, what a great way to use up scraps too! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us over at Paper Issues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful, Aimee! They both are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the piece you did for Paper Issues! Such fun, colorful strips. I love the patterns in each and every piece! Love the stitching on there too. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore everthing about the top layout too! Such fun layering and color scheme. Beautifully done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is cute! Great job on both! I love the rays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both these layouts!!! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete