Sunday, November 13, 2011

journals: the one I made for today

I have to credit Amy Tangerine for the mini albums. Reading her any post on mini’s encouraged me to start mini books to document my adventures. I have not completely adapted to this process, I am enjoying the few I have made.


 


This summer I was asked to join a swap group {It has been so much fun}. At first to see how it would go, we just swapped supplies from our stash. When we all got the hang of it we each picked a theme, started a book and sent it on it’s merry way to gather pages from others.


 


IMG_1346


September, we swaped a 6x6: something about us


made this mini to hold the ladies pages


 


 I was asked to make some handmade items for a holiday boutique this year. I thought to myself who would want anything I make? I don’t knit or make anything cool.


I decided to make each of my swappers a book.


They all were excited to join me with this new holiday tradition;


I decided this is what I would make for the boutique.


  IMG_1886


IMG_1887


IMG_1888


You can find this mini for sale in my etsy shop here


or visit me December 3rd at Image West in Sunland Ca.


for their annual holiday boutique


 


 


Next up I was invited to a special meet and greet at Disneyland. It’s a school night, but my bff said she would take her kids and let them miss school the next day {the event is from 8-12pm}. So I put together little mini books for us to get all the charters autographs! We will just go with the pages for the charters to sign. I have put together little kits for the kids. Once I get the photos back from the night, I will send the kits and photos to the kids and they can match the photos to the autographs and they will get to make their very own mini scrapbooks from the evening. Having this already prepared for the evening, makes it easy to focus on the evening, and gives them a project on a rainy day.


 


IMG_1889


Isabella's autograph book


 


IMG_1890


My autograph book


 


IMG_1891


the foundation pages


 


IMG_1892


Justin's autograph book


 


 


And guess what tonight is the night! See you there!


{hopefully we are still going I wrote this 2 weeks ago lol}


 


Have you been making journal/mini books?


 


It’s my new favorite thing



No comments:

Post a Comment