Monday, October 22, 2012

the confetti card:



Saturday was my mom’s birthday. She turned 76. What do you
buy for a 76 yr. old? Not much so I made he a card! I feel kinda bad cause I
had the whole day to work on a card and I just sat around and slacked. So about
45 minutes before we left for a birthday dinner I decided to whip out a card.
After 3 failures with my cameo, I finally made one that I liked. Of course I
had to fuss with it, but guess what ,it came out PERFECT! I was really
impressed with myself. I had made confetti the day before, for another
assignment. The confetti was all over my kitchen counter and I started playing
with it and it got all over this new card. I decided to start gluing it down
and Bam the card was super cute! But wait, I added a bit of twine and a wood
veneer potty people shape, and I couldn’t believe my eyes. TA DA. But no, now I
needed an envelope. So I grabbed a paper bag cut of the bottom, stitched it up
folded over the top, sealed with a sticker, and I had the ultimate handmade
present. All this while my dad sat out front honking for me to hurry up!



DSC_0261



DSC_0264



DSC_0265



DSC_0272



1 comment: